My top tips for selling your home in Spring
- Declutter declutter declutter. This can be looked at the first stage of moving. Pack up stuff which you dont need. Less is more, making the rooms look larger and the focus becomes the house not the stuff in it.
- If your home is in need of a makeover but you don’t have the funds or time. Look at replacing simple things like cupboard handles and tap ware and even bench tops, sometimes this can give it the lift it needs without spending a massive amount of money.
- Clean clean clean and then clean some more. It is important that your house is presented as shiny as it could be. I often suggest just before the first open day, to have a professional cleaner come in and take it to the next level. Kitchens, Bathrooms and Windows should be spotless and shiny.
- Presentation is of the utmost importance, staging your home correctly, could help you achieve an even better price.
- Remove pieces of furniture if they are cluttering. We need to make the rooms look as large as possible, whilst still being functional.
- For Inspiration google images display homes interiors Plenty of ideas and photos which can be helpful . If you find it all too hard, hire a stylist and you will get back what you pay and more in the sale of your home. We are more than happy to suggest stylists who we use.
- Unpleasant smells immediately turn a prospective buyer off. A pleasant fresh smelling home compounded with a good first impression places your home in the best position it can be. A trick commonly used is put 2 caps of vanilla essence in a heatproof container in the oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. This will get rid of any funky smells you may have and leave a nice fresh vanilla smell throughout the house..Dont try too many different fragrances at the same time as they can be offputting to some potential buyers.
- Whilst Dogs and Cats are a way of life and an important part of our family, Some potential buyers may be allergic and not as enthusiastic as what we are. So it is important to minimize their impact as much as possible. Remove all Dog/Cat hair and pet smells from the house and when the house has an open for Inspection take the animals with you.
- Create a pleasant ambience, play subtle soft music have the fire lit and the temperature climate controlled. Set the table both inside and outside and place fresh flowers throughout. (don’t forget to change the water every couple of days) All the simple things which add to the buyers experience being a pleasant experience
- So Now its up to you to choose your agent, who will place your property in the best light with professional photographs and will have identified the correct strategic marketing required. Your agent needs to not only understand the local real estate market but also needs to be a leader in Marketing your property. I am a proven leader in this field and look forward to being able to give you more of the above tips whilst strategically placing your property above the others currently on the market.